Friday 24 October 2008

April 2007 Two naughty girls...


April-May 2007

Tracey's horses enjoying a dip in the dam.
Vista: My dislikes so far:
· no MOVE menu feature for moving files from one folder to another (at present, using COPY-PASTE, then delete the file)
· No FIND tool, only SEARCH - and you need to know where to search - a blanket search for a specific gif file did not work for me. I needed to visually search all my folders to find the file
· difficult to find way around the organisational structure (eg get into Windows to look at setups etc)
· Help is non-existent as the computer cannot find it or connect to on-line pages . Will need to find out why.
Looks like a few tutorials are needed
MY Likes:
· Folder display size
· Slide show of images
· Analogue clock face on sidebar
I hope Vista grows on me. (and I hope not too many of my school teacher co-workers invest in it yet as I'm certainly not up to speed to answer any questions.)
Ipod: this week saw me convert a PhotoStory movie tutorial to play on the Ipod. Tutorial was made from screen captures for images. worked fine.
No podcast this week, but aiming for a videocast next week. This week is a more vibrant animation series. (my lost gif file)


I spent today playing with Adobe Photoshop 6 & Adobe Image Ready. My aim was to follow a tutorial and create a simple scrapbook layout with animation. The result is not bad, but rather dull, as the tutorial suggested using muted colours, black and white photos (gif images have limited colours). I will experiment to see which colours and how bright I can make this.
I used a series of photos of family members for this first -trial- layout. Now I know the technical aspects, I'll become more creative, with different place and space changes.I may even make a podcasts - video of how to make this item. (future).

No comments: